The IWGB is excited to announce that we are currently looking for a new Spanish/English translator/interpreter and basic caseworker to work from our London office for 21h/week (3 days/week but the hours could be distributed over 5 days). The pay rate would be London Living wage plus £1 (currently £11.55 per hour).
The main responsibilities of the post are to:
- Translate legal and non legal documents
- Interpret between members and caseworkers at the office, at the member’s workplaces or at union meetings.
- Provide basic legal advice to Spanish speaker workers
- Manage a basic caseload, chiefly deduction from wages claims, basic grievances etc.
- Assist Legal Department colleagues with other tasks appropriate to the post;
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the post and help other staff maintain the smooth running of the union’s head office.
- Be completely bilingual in both Spanish and English
- Grasp the IWGB’s approach and be personally committed to social justice and the improvement of working conditions.
- Have good computer skills, including knowledge of MS Office and Excel.
- Have a high level of personal organisation and an ability to deal with a demanding and stressful job.
- Be able to work independently and in a team.
- Have some experience with legal casework or basic understanding of employment law.
How to apply
Please email your CV and a cover letter explaining why you feel you would fit this role to Laura Barroso at [email protected] by no later than 12pm on 12 August.
Please also include the details of two professional references