The IWGB is excited to announce that we are currently looking for a new caseworker to work from our London office for 21h/week, 3 days/week. The pay rate would be London Living wage plus £1 (currently £11.55 per hour).
The main responsibilities of the post are to:
- provide legal advice to workers and support the efforts to target labour enforcement more effectively;
- manage a varied caseload, chiefly of disciplinaries, grievances, discrimination cases and deduction of wages claims, but also entering into other areas of law as required by the diverse and changing membership (e.g. licensing issues for Private Hire Drivers);
- assist with preparation of tribunal cases (and may develop into running such cases, help to maintain the smooth operation of the IWGB Legal Department, maintain data management processes and keep members informed while acting in accordance with their needs;
- assist Legal Department colleagues with other tasks appropriate to the post;
- undertake any other duties appropriate to the post and help other staff maintain the smooth running of the union’s head office.
- Have experience of employment-related case work.
- Grasp the IWGB’s approach and be personally committed to social justice and the improvement of working conditions.
- Have good computer skills, including knowledge of MS Office and Excel.
- Have a high level of personal organisation and an ability to deal with a demanding and stressful job.
- Be able to work independently and in a team.
- Have a good command of Spanish
How to apply
Please email your CV and a cover letter explaining why you feel you would fit this role to Laura Barroso at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 12pm on 13 May.
Please also include the details of two professional references