The IWGB is very excited to announce that we are currently looking for a new caseworker to work from our new office in Scotland (Glasgow) for 21h/week, 3 days/week. The pay rate would be London Living wage plus £1 (currently £11.55 per hour).
Our membership in Scotland is rapidly growing and amongst all our branches we currently already have Game Workers, Foster carers, United Private Hire Drivers and Electrical workers based in Scotland. The role will be supervised by the Legal Department in London and may also involve handling cases remotely from England.
The main responsibilities of the post are to:
- provide legal advice to workers and support the efforts to target labour enforcement more effectively;
- manage a varied caseload, chiefly of disciplinaries, grievances, and deduction of wages claims, but also entering into other areas of law as required by the diverse and changing membership (specially cases relating to Foster Carers);
- assist with preparation of tribunal cases (and may develop into running such cases), help to maintain the smooth operation of the IWGB Legal Department, maintain data management processes and keep members informed while acting in accordance with their needs;
- assist Legal Department colleagues with other tasks appropriate to the post or undertake any other duties appropriate to the post;
- help and assist with the general and smooth running and maintenance of the office.
- Have experience of employment-related case work.
- Grasp the IWGB’s approach and be personally committed to social justice and the improvement of working conditions.
- Have good computer skills, including knowledge of MS Office and Excel.
- Have a high level of personal organisation and an ability to deal with a demanding and stressful job.
- Ability to establish priorities and show initiative, be able to work independently and proceed with objectives without supervision;
- Be able to travel across Scotland for representation and occasionally travel to London for events with the London office.
How to apply
Please email your CV and a cover letter explaining why you feel you would fit this role to Laura Barroso at [email protected] by no later than 12pm on 20 May.
Please also include the details of two professional references.