Migrant Workers at Boris Johnson donor's club vote overwhelmingly in favour of strike action
8 days ago
The IWGB is excited to announce that we are currently looking for a new caseworker to work from our London office for 32.5h/week. The pay rate would be London Living wage £1 (currently £11.55 per hour). The position will be for two years, therefore the person should be able to start on 1 March 2019 and end on 1 March 2021.
The main responsibilities of the post are to:
• provide legal advice to immigrant workers and support the efforts to target labor enforcement more effectively
• manage a varied caseload, chiefly of disciplinaries, grievances, and deduction of wages claims, but also entering into other areas of law as required by the diverse and changing membership (e.g. licensing issues for Private Hire Drivers)
• assist with preparation of tribunal cases (and may develop into running such cases) help to maintain the smooth operation of the IWGB Legal Department maintain data management processes and keep members informed while acting in accordance with their needs
• assist with our legal clinics at our Activity Centre (based in Elephant and Castle) on an occasional basis on Saturdays afternoons.
• assist Legal Department colleagues with other tasks appropriate to the post
• undertake any other duties appropriate to the post and help other staff maintain the smooth running of the union’s head office.
• Have experience of employment-related case work.
• Have fluent spoken Spanish
• Grasp the IWGB’s approach and be personally committed to social justice and the improvement of working conditions.
• Have good computer skills, including a knowledge of MS Office including Excel.
• Have a high level of personal organisation and an ability to deal with a demanding and stressful job.
• Be able to work independently and in a team.
How to apply
Please email your CV and a cover letter explaining why you feel you would fit this role to Laura Barroso at [email protected] by no later than 12pm on 20 February.
Please also include the details of two professional references