The IWGB is excited to announce that we are currently looking for a new caseworker to work from our London office for 21 hours (3 days) a week, for £11.20 per hour. The position will be temporary to cover a staff members’ maternity leave. Therefore, the person should be able to start on 12 November and will last until 6 September.
The main responsibilities of the post are to:
- manage a varied caseload, chiefly of disciplinaries, grievances, and deduction of wages claims, but also entering into other areas of law as required by the diverse and changing membership (e.g. licensing issues for Private Hire Drivers)
- assist with preparation of tribunal cases (and may develop into running such cases)
help to maintain the smooth operation of the IWGB Legal Department
maintain data management processes and keep members informed while acting in accordance with their needs
- assist the General Secretary and other Legal Department colleagues with other tasks appropriate to the post
- undertake any other duties appropriate to the post and help other staff maintain the smooth running of the union’s head office.
- Have extensive experience of employment-related case work.
- Grasp the IWGB’s approach and be personally committed to social justice and the improvement of working conditions.
- Have good computer skills, including a knowledge of MS Office including Excel.
- Have a high level of personal organisation and an ability to deal with a demanding and stressful job.
- Be able to work independently and in a team.
- Have a high level of spoken Spanish.
- Have been an active member of a union or have knowledge of the trade union movement.
How to apply
Please email your CV and a cover letter explaining why you feel you would fit this role to Seb Flais at [email protected] by no later than 12pm on 12 November.
Please also include the details of two professional references