The IWGB is excited to announce that we are currently looking for a new caseworker to work from our London office for 3 days a week, for £11.20 per hour (London Living Wage +£1). Details of the role and specifications are below, with further details available here.
The main responsibilities of the post are to:
- manage a varied caseload, chiefly of disciplinaries, grievances, and deduction of wages claims, but also entering into other areas of law as required by the diverse and changing membership
- assist with preparation of tribunal cases (and may develop into running such cases)
- help to train less experienced case workers, including volunteers
- help to maintain the smooth operation of the IWGB Legal Department
- maintain data management processes and keep members informed while acting in accordance with their needs
- assist the General Secretary and other Legal Department colleagues with other tasks
appropriate to the post
- undertake any other duties appropriate to the post and help other staff maintain the smooth running of the union’s head office.
- Hold a law degree and have a good knowledge of UK employment law.
- Have extensive experience of employment-related case work.
- Grasp the IWGB’s approach and be personally committed to social justice and the
improvement of working conditions.
- Have good computer skills, including a knowledge of MS Office including Excel.
- Have a high level of personal organisation and an ability to deal with a demanding and stressful job.
- Be able to work independently and in a team.
- Have a high level of spoken Spanish.
- Have been an active member of a union or have knowledge of the trade union movement.
How to apply
Please email your CV and a cover letter explaining why you feel you would fit this role to Jason Moyer-Lee (IWGB General Secretary) at GeneralSecretary@iwgb.org.uk by no later than 5pm on 2 February, 2018.
Please also include the details of two professional references